Sunday, March 11, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

So over the weekend I saw Little Miss Sunshine. And I'm in love. Despite the fact I was sitting next to my mom who thought this movie was just a nice comedy, I saw it as more life altering. It was like:'hey-this-is-how-I-experience-life-at-times' movie. Well, I'm not really in the mood to summarize the plot and get in trouble with copyright laws, so I'm just going to post this annoying video I found on youtube.Oh, and the scenes they selected actually aren't the best ones. But this will help for the plot:



So yeah. I love this movie. I love the shots in it. And I love the symbolism. Seriously though, life really is a yellow, broken down hippie van, and you need all the people you can get to push it into 3rd gear.
AND...nevermind...

So just ignore the swearing for a while and take a look at one of the most symbolic/sad/beautiful scenes of the whole move:



Ok, ok! Just one more little clip! It kind of defines the whole movie.



1. I'm afraid this is what's going to happen to the Volvo. Except the Mid-West scenery will be traded in for a muddy Belgian road.
2. I love how The-Guy-In White gets a push by The-Guy In-Yellow. *tear smile tear* Man, I'm so hormonal.

And I could go on and on. Seriously, I found another great scene on youtube, (that i rewinded back about 20 times) but I don't want to ruin it all.

So go see it kids! Or rent the movie. And then go on a doughnut run. And listen to Norah Jones.

No comments: