Monday, July 9, 2007

My forehead is a phenomenon


A while back my mom and I went to Brussels to do some shopping. Around 6PM she took the train back to Antwerp, and I took the train back to Namur.
While waiting for my train, I remarked that a train on the other side was filled with children, all going to Gent. I also remarked that they were waving to the people on my platform. Seeing their attempts did not bring forth any fruit, I carefully waved back to the little Gentenese. The small blond girl, who had taken the initiative, bounced off her seat and screamed something to her friends. Soon the window was filled with young girls, pressing their faces against the gloomy windows. Some bored boys wanted to see what all the commotion was about, and squeezed their faces against the window too. At this point, I was highly entertained by the fact that a few friendly smiles and waves could be such a big deal.


That probably also explained the fact that everyone standing around me had now moved a couple of feet away...

No comments: