Friday, March 30, 2007

It's the final countdown

So it's Spring. And I'm very happy. I don't leave the house anymore without my camera. I'm so excited to wear shoes without socks again, and have bleeding feet for the next 6 months.
But really. I love nature.
So General Conference starts in 15 minutes. I have windows for KSL and BYU TV open, and I'm ready to hit the 'Download Live' button as soon as my computer clock turns to 6:00PM. GC till midnight! Gotta love time differences With a 2 hour break in between, no worries people.
I remember as a kid in Belgium my parents would actually dust off the satellite dish for conference, and after much cussing (dang, fetch...) we'd finally get the familiar message: "This is the English Language Channel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you are having technical difficulties, please call the number listed in your operator instructions."
I think I must have been about 7 or 8 years old when I had remembered this whole thing by heart. My English was prefect back then.
My parents would tape these conferences, and I'd listen with a half an ear in the kitchen, painting. Aaaaah...memories.

and now we are back in Antwerp, watching GC on my big screen laptop. aaah...i'm feeling all pioneer-y.

let's just hope my Internet is not going to explode.

No comments: